The Terrance “T.K.” Kelly Scholarship Fund is designed to provide support deserving inner-city high school students who exemplify a strong potential for academic achievement but face social-economic conditions that hinder them from reaching their full potential.
While the cost of education continues to rise, access to college for many students especially those from inner cities are becoming scarce. It is the goal of the Terrance “T.K.” Kelly Youth Foundation to help level the disparities that exist by providing scholarships and support for students going on to pursue college careers. The Terrance “T.K.” Kelly Youth Foundation Scholarships are given away annually.
- Applicants must be enrolled at J. F. Kennedy High School or Richmond High School
- Open to High School Seniors, only
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative G. P. A. of 2.50
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or activities promoting non-violence
- Recipients must provide verification of acceptance to an accredited college or university
- Applicants must agree, if awarded a scholarship, to volunteer a minimum of 15 hours to the Terrance ‘T.K.’ Kelly Youth Foundation within the next year
- Current T.K.Y.F. Board Members, volunteers and family members are ineligible to apply or be awarded the T.K.Y.F. Scholarship Award
- Scholarship money is not transferable
- Funds will be disbursed during the annual T.K.Y.F. Dinner Gala